Refugium Bulb

vettesarebest

Market
Reaction score
Alright so I need a bulb for my Refugium but I need the cheap ones that can go into the Shop light reflectors. I am hoping to get them from Home Depot if I can. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!

What length do you need? I got a couple of grow-lites from Lowes... wonder if those would work

I don't need a length I am talking about like a standard bulb that goes into a socket.

ah, okay... our shop light has tubes, not bulbs, so I'm confused.

Maybe I didn't explain it well but it is just one of those sockets with the round reflector around it.

go to walmart home depote and get the screw in bulb that say 6500k on the side. They are like 8.99 for 2 of them

The 6500K one are ok but the 5100K are MUCH better. I do not think you can find them locally.. I am fixing to order three though if you want to piggy back.

Take a look at this page:

a>

Ya thanks Chris... that is the bulb that I use and I love it... I just need to find a place that has it locally! ;)

Best price I can find on it would be the 23W (instead of the 16W) and it would be about $10 per bulb after shipping.

Ya, I am going to check out the bulbs at Walmart. Jamie says they are 5500K and if so, would save us a few bucks plus shipping... I am hoping to make it over there today. I will keep you updated.

Xyzpdq0121;54914 wrote: Ya, I am going to check out the bulbs at Walmart. Jamie says they are 5500K and if so, would save us a few bucks plus shipping... I am hoping to make it over there today. I will keep you updated.

Alright, I appriciate it man.

Xyzpdq0121;54914 wrote: Ya, I am going to check out the bulbs at Walmart. Jamie says they are 5500K and if so, would save us a few bucks plus shipping... I am hoping to make it over there today. I will keep you updated.
The Wal-Mart blubs are 6500K. Not that it makes any real difference. The only big difference is that they have no built-in reflectors like the ones at Melv's Reef.

IMHO the 6500K and 5100K are a big difference... I have tried them both and the 5100K grows Chaeto much faster...

I'd think that could be attributed to the quality of the reflector. The internal reflector bulbs are undoubtedly better than the regular ones with just the clamp-on style reflectors.

Back