Refugium help!

Tjb61885

Market
Reaction score
I have a redsea 525xl, I want an refugium I’m just unsure exactly where to place it inside the sump. I’d even consider replacing the 5g ato tank into one but again not exactly sure how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

So if your sump is an older version it will not have the refugium built in- if it is a newer version the 525xl should have the refugium option already there- it is a moveable black plastic divider that should have come with the sump. Conversions of Red Sea ato resevoirs into refugiums can be seen online- lots of YouTube videos.

People usually split their drain to have a small amount of flow into the refugium- old ato chamber, and then it gravity drains into the sump- you have to drill the ato for the drains. Or something easier, if you have space in your sump, you get an acrylic fabricator to build you a refugium wall. Check out Pelphrey devotedreefer YouTube to find out who he used to order the piece for his old 250 reefer sump before he switched to a different sump. He ordered acrylic aftermarket divider and out the refugium directly in sump.
Blue tide acrylics

Back