Refugium Lighting

darren24

Market
Reaction score
Anyone have a link for a refugium light that is not the "spotlight" type? I am looking for something more in line with a strip light that will lay across the refugium part of my sump. Thanks. :)

Are you looking to buy, or looking for experince. I use a small PC fixture with 2 X32 watt bulbs. It is like 18 or 20" long by maybe 6 or 8" wide. Got it on ebay. I will see what I can find.

Saw some cool LED grow lights on ebay. Ebay search words, LED Grow Light Panel.

Here is a fairly small one, not sure what size fuge you have.
home.php

jmaneyapanda;297454 wrote: Are you looking to buy, or looking for experince. I use a small PC fixture with 2 X32 watt bulbs. It is like 18 or 20" long by maybe 6 or 8" wide. Got it on ebay. I will see what I can find.

Sounds just like what i go for my refug light too.

What length you need?

I have a 30" long NO fish tank single tube light. Works, but maybe not powerful enough.

Also a 2 x 26W PC 14" 'coralife' light that doesnt work. I think it might need a ballast, or maybe just lamps. Looks just like the one Dave posted, but 14" long.

Both are free if you feel like fooling with them.

Thanks for the replies. I found a dual 9W fixture like the ones in the links but it comes with 2 6,700 bulbs versus a 10K and actinic. Wouldn't this be better for macro growth?

Darren be careful ive heard that light gets extremely hot, check out these
prod_display.cfm

Back