Remora C mod for 28 gal nano

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
Does anyone know what (small) mod has to be done to the remora C skimmer with the Cobalt MJ 1200 pump to work with the JBJ 28 nano? I bought this used so it should be preform immediately.

I've searched for hours and many threads mention a mod to the back of the skimmer but don't show the mod.

I've been running the remora C all day and it has produced nothing, zero! There is correct water flowing from it.

I currently have the return flow it in the media basket (center) compartment but would like it to work in its designated chamber next to the return pump, which I believe this mod also allows?

Any help appreciated...

showthread.php

The collection cup only has green tea like water in it. I've got to figure out what all I'm doing wrong.
On top of the skimmer not working, my filters in the media tray are never dirty either!
I am getting very worried....no waste is being removed.
It's making me crazy!!!
Please some one help!!

its only been like 1 day hasnt it? what livestock do you have? the "green tea" is definately something coming out of the water. as long as it has color to it, its working. if you are expecting the skimmate to be thicker so its more like mud than tea, then raise your collection cup alittle and it should dry up your skimmate

Thanks, I was thinking the opposit.
Two clowns, it's been set up over a week and my nephew over fed with Mysis frozen shrimp. It' got a lot of visible debris and waste and I've stirred the sand bed several times and the filter spong is hardly dirty! My 12 gal filter would have been filled with waste?!?
It just doesn't make sense and it's stressing me out!

make sure the filter floss is placed well in the chamber and no water is making its way around the floss. with just 2 clowns, you wont ever have really nasty thick skimmate like the big tanks you see, theres just not enough there.

Thanks,
it is packed in the media compartment in the back on the tank. Is that what you meant by chamber? Just making sure I', not supposed to use a filter with the skimmer?

I sorry for being a pain,
I just don't understand why I am not getting at least the same dark brown garbo in the filter that I always had with my 12 gal nano.
I would rinse it at least every other day and it was always nasty but my tank was pristine clean!
Thanks again.

Back