removable panels/doors

tgriffin

Market
Reaction score
It has occurred to me that I won't be able to open my canopy the way I was intending. Thanks to (Seth the Wine Guy) I have a solution. I need to make three removable panels or doors on my canopy approximately 12"x24" each. I'd like to have removable panels but would do doors as well. I will be using fans in the canopy so I need something that will resist rust. I know stainless stuff is quite a bit more expensive so I'm hoping there is an alternative.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I would love to do magnets if they won't rust up? Here is a picture of my unfinished stand and canopy.

Needing to put doors or panels on three side of the canopy

DSC02370.jpg
alt="" />

tgriffin;612276 wrote: I would love to do magnets if they won't rust up? Here is a picture of my unfinished stand and canopy.

Needing to put doors or panels on three side of the canopy

DSC02370.jpg
alt="" />

As long as you keep the magnets dry they wont rust.

RedEDGE2k1;612458 wrote: Is that 3/4" plywood? How are the plywood panels joined together?

Dustin

It is 3/4 birch. I glued and screwed the canopy. There are also strips inside the canopy to let it rest on the plastic trim.

ICEMAN832;612491 wrote: As long as you keep the magnets dry they wont rust.

That is technically true, but not realistic in this situation. Any iron is going to rust in an aquarium stand/canopy because of the humidity and salty air inside the cabinet.

Dustin

There is a way to use magnets in the canopy that will never rust if you want I can put them in for you when we build the doors.

You can get plastic snap clips from a cabinet company. They use them for false drawers. They do break being plastic, when pulling the door on and off, but not generally while in place. The weight might be an issue, but you could always use a thinner piece for the door with trim around to off set the size difference.

Back