Removing Crocea from rock??

chull13

Market
Reaction score
How do I get my crocea clam off of the rock it has planted on? I am moving the clam to my new tank but do not want the rock to go with it.

Thanks,

Chris

Xyzpdq0121;169032 wrote: Take a razor and SLOWLY slice under his foot. Do not cut his foot!!!

I agree. cut as far from the clam as possible, and it wont hurt a thing. with a crocea, that may be tough, because they pull tight. Do NOT try to ull or wrtench it out, and I wouldnt try the ice cube (i think you're thinking of an anemone). worst case scenario, point a powerhead at the clam, and it should get so pissed off it lets go.

I think I am going to try the powerhead thing and maybe turn the rock so that the clam is kinda hanging upside down (gotta love gravity). I am scared to get a razor blade anywhere near the clam.

Hmm- I don't think a powerhead will work. I'd go with the razor blade method and just slice close to the rock...

Razor blade has worked for me. You'll see the byssal threads...just cut those that are attached to the rock.

The powerhead might work, but be very careful not to blast into the clam but rather at it's base. A flow pump like a Seio/Korlia/Tunze would be better. And make sure you can't risk blowing air into the clam.

Another possibility is to move it to a partially shaded area where it's aware of where the light is and that it's not completely in the light. That might cause it to move, but I'm betting it would take time.

The razor does work fine, though, if done carefully.

Razor. Cut as far away from the clam as possible.

Or, break the rock.

Back