removing scratches???

If its deep its going to be hard to do there are some websites that make stuff for it but it alters the optics where the scratch is at. It will take a lot if work to get it out.

If it's an in use tank you can drain it down clean the scratch and fill it in with super glue so the algaie doesn't grow in the scratch.

straydog;584613 wrote: If it's an in use tank you can drain it down clean the scratch and fill it in with super glue so the algaie doesn't grow in the scratch.

Have you done this before?

Yes my 5.5 has a 1 inch long crack repaired this way and a 10 gallon that was scratched when sand got under the magnet cleaner.

straydog;584808 wrote: Yes my 5.5 has a 1 inch long crack repaired this way and a 10 gallon that was scratched when sand got under the magnet cleaner.

Didn't the super glue turn white? Wouldn't that be as distracting as algae growth?

It stayed clear , I only used enough to fill in the scratch . On the crack I covered a 1/4 inch and let it dry on the out side the inside I put a thin line let it dry if there is excess or a drip it can be cleaned with a razor blade. I fix winsheild chips before they crack the same way.

Back