Replacement plexiglass

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
I need to replace the pexli glass cover to my PC light fixture, it gets covered in salt crust enough that it becomes impossible to take out. I want to opt for a thinner sheet so I can remove it easier. Anyone have any suggestions for type or where to get some? I would think I could go to home depot, but I'm not sure if they'd have ~ 48" x 8" sheets.

Thanks

PS, I know I need to swap out my filters which are the cause of the salt encrustment (is that a word?); I'll be looking for a canister in the near future.

ask manufacturer or check out an on-line acrylic manufacturer that makes to order. try home depot first, buy a whole sheet, and once you score it on both sides, it should snap perfectly.

Ask Grouper Therapy. He picks it up downtown I think at a distributor or something. They probably have all sorts of things.

check out usplastics.com, i actually just ordered from them very happy with it

Mockery;269580 wrote: check out usplastics.com, i actually just ordered from them very happy with it

Thanks for the link. They have some 12"x 48" so that would work, I'd just have to trim it. Now I need to figure out how think I need. Anyone know how think the acrylic is that comes with the currentusa PC fixtures? or how thin is too thin (like will the 1/16 be touch it and it cracks thin? lol

Thanks

Is it possible to just machine out the slot on the fixture or sand the current acrylic shield down?

Seems like a lot of trouble and possibly unnecessary expense to replace... :)

That is a good point. I may see if a can do that.

a sheet of acrylic is like 15 bucks shipped, so I thought going thinner may also help increase the little bit of lighting I have as well (I know it wouldn't really, but it was an idea)

Back