Replacing Bulbs!?!?!?!

mikesommers

Market
Reaction score
I am running M-58 probe start ballasts witch limit bulb options. I do plan to upgrade at a later date when it fits the budget. So heres the options unless I have missed something......

I have T-12 110 watt VHO actinic bulbs (supplemental if needed)

Currently I am running XM 15K 250 watt bulbs fair color with VHOs on.
I am looking at CoralVue bulbs 14k? or 20k? not sure.
If I can not come up with anything then I guess it will be XM bulbs due to fair luck in the past. If someone says dude bulb (?) blows these away then I would be open to try them.

The fixture is versatile due to the option to have the VHO lights on or off so if I ended up with bulbs that were to blue, well Im sure everyone gets the picture.

For probe start bulbs I have had fair luck with the XM bulbs. I am adding allot more SPS to the tank now and would like to try and find a good bulb with nice color. If any one knows of any other brands or tried the CoralVue bulbs, info would be great. (The reeflux will not work unfortunately)

Thanks for any input,
Mike

Moved to Reef Discussion....Mike, you will get more responses here than in the Product Review forum.

Acroholic;509552 wrote: Moved to Reef Discussion....Mike, you will get more responses here than in the Product Review forum.

Thanks! If you get a chance I got some pictures uploaded to the link in my signature. Lmk what you think.

Mike

Back