Replacing the front peice of glass in my 30g

jruberti

Market
Reaction score
This isn't exactly a DIY, but i didn't know where else to ask this.

I have a 30 gallon Oceanic View aquarium that i obtained in a trade from a friend. It has two holes drilled, one for overflow, one for return. Just your standard reef ready 30 gallon 36 x 12 x 16. I have had the tank up and running for about 6 months and its done fantastic, but there is a huge problem (to me anyway), the front glass has a ton of very deep scratches and it is very unsightly. I was wondering if there is any places in GA that could possibly take out the front piece of glass and replace it with a peice of staphire glass. I was thinking about just getting a new tank made but getting the exact dimensions and holes drilled in the same spot to fit the custom oak stand/canopy seems impossible.

do yal think this is even doable and where could i get this done at in GA

thanks!

Contact Chris at Fishscales. I'm not sure about him repairing the glass, but he could make you a tank to the same dimensions and hole location I am sure.

I think Chris at Fish Scales could do this for you ,But cost wise it may be just as cheap to find another tank that size .

The price for replacing the front glass with Starfire would be much less than building a new one with Starfire. Somewhere in the area of $100.

Thank You everyone for the recommendations. I have quite a few systems being built right now and will start a few build threads for the members tanks.

Back