Resealing an aquarium

anthony

Market
Reaction score
Try to find out if there's any members here that do re-seal jobs? What the charge might be or something like that and if there is any kind of warranty

Doubt you’ll get any warranty out of a local member. There is so much risk in resealing it.
That's understandable.. hoping just to find someone who's done it successfully many times. A good friend of mine (Marlon) moved to Florida I trust his work but don't know anyone else who does it... I don't mind not getting a warranty but aa long as the person has experience. It looks pretty easy in the videos I've seen but you never know..thanks for the reply tho.

I have done it two times. It's not hard at all. If I had the time I would offer to help you out.. does the tank need it or is it something you want to do?

I have done it two times. It's not hard at all. If I had the time I would offer to help you out.. does the tank need it or is it something you want to do?
I believe it needs it in certain areas just to be on the safe side but you can doing what areas you might as well do the whole thing I believe

TThat should have said if you're going to do one area you might as well do the whole thing I apologize speech-to-text is not working well today

BE VERY CAUTIOUS!!! I bought a used 220g tank that had been resealed by someone with a great local reputation in this hobby that had resealed many tanks prior to this one. The job looked great and was leak free. A year after it was up and running without a drop leaking a bottom seal broke free and dumped 40 gallons overnight before I realized it was leaking in the morning. Luckily I was home. I immediately drained the tank and rehomed (temporarily) my non-coral livestock. All coral was lost ( except for one zoa rock ). IMO, the tank would need to be completely disassembled and completely re-siliconed for it to be trustworthy.

If you dont want to do it yourself just buy a new tank. I cant see anyone wanting to take on that liability for less than the cost of a new tank.

That said if the tank is actually leaking, you need to take the whole thing apart and its a PINA but doable. If the inner seal just looks ratty you can reseal it without taking it apart, which is still a PINA but not hard to do.

Back