Resetting an Apex to factory defaults?

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
Anybody know how to reset a Neptune Apex to factory defaults like it was coming right out of the box?  I purchased a unit and want to completely reset it so that I can put in my profiles.  I don't have it on Fusion yet so have to do the reset from the controller.  I've looked a many menus and even looked on Neptune's web but can't find the process.  Any help would be appreciated.

From the classic desktop.

Configuration/misc settings/initialize memory/All/Update.

You will need to calibrate all probes including the temp. ORP will never read right but your just following trends with it.

This is also a good time to update the firmware to current. If you have any problems let me know and I can do it all for you.

It the built-in webpage on the Apex. The easiest way to get to it is to type in its IP address.

Did yours come with a display?

If you download the latest firmware there is a utility in the zip file to find the ip address for the base unit.

Then put that address into your browser. Till be 192.168.x.x just need to know the last two numbers.

If you have any questions give me a call and I'll walk you through it.

Mine does have a display.  I found the IP address so now I'm dialed into the dashboard.  Followed your directions and I think it worked.  I had already done the firmware update.  Now I just need to set up Fusion.

<p style="text-align: left;">Nice,  glad you got it reset. Like I said it wipes all calibrations too. I calibrated my temp probe with a nist certified thermometer. My orp probe runs about 25 points low. Calibrating it is a pita, so I haven't tried to do it.

Don't have an ORP so that's not an issue. I always recal the pH anyway.  I'll check the temp but that was pretty simple if I remember correctly.

Back