Residue from salt on furniture?

carey1465

Market
Reaction score
I just setup a 210gal tank in a spare bedroom. It's been running about 1 month and I noticed a film on my drum set that's in the same room. I had a 175 bow front in the living room in the past but don't remember having this problem since it's the living/kitchen.

Since the new tank is in the bedroom now vs the living room, should I remove the drum set and elliptical machine or install an exhaust fan?

(I keep the bedroom door open)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's unusual. Is something spraying a mist from the tank? I had a whole store full of tanks and never got a residue like you are describing.

Jenn

Nothing spraying. I wiped the drum set off so I'll see in a week or so.

Bassett22;1102448 wrote: Drums are gonna rust out quick in the humid enviroment man. Trust me.

I was worried also when I play, the vibration from the drums would vibrate the tank and possibly stress the fish. Looks like I'll be packing the drums up for a while.

Have you ever heard the ocean? It's not exactly quiet :)

Jenn

JennM;1102642 wrote: Have you ever heard the ocean? It's not exactly quiet :)

Jenn

Always love your advice and this comment made me smile! Hope you are well, my friend!

JennM;1102642 wrote: Have you ever heard the ocean? It's not exactly quiet :)

Jenn

Your correct about the ocean but you never heard me play. Lol. I played the other day and the fish went crazy. They may get use to the vibration and the sound, but I already moved the drum set to another spare bedroom. Better safe than sorry!!

just as an experiment go to where the drums USE to be... sit down.. and flail your arms around and see if they go crazy

just as an experiment go to where the drums USE to be... sit down.. and flail your arms around and see if they go crazy

But please shoot a video and post here
;-)

Oh check out the lateral line sense organ that the fish have...... kinda like a set of eyes, ears and sensory organs all rolled in one. They can feel vibrations like percussive beats. Some fish have developed a more delicate set of electroreceptors, which are organs used to detect electrical impulses.

Back