Resilicone Tank

stacy22

Market
Reaction score
I am in the pre-planning stages of setting my 300g back up. I would like to have the seals redone but do not feel comfortable doing it myself. Does anyone know of someone local who can do this? It's a glass tank with 1" panes so it would need to be done on site.

It will take two people at least, that sucker is heavy. I will be happy to help as well as give you your canopy... :-D

rjrgroup;939565 wrote: It will take two people at least, that sucker is heavy. I will be happy to help as well as give you your canopy... :-D

It took every bit of energy from 4 of us to get it in there.... heavy is not the right word for that tank....lol

I wanna redo the seams before that thing gets moved anywhere. Heath is a saint. LOL

I'm seriously considering leaving the tank in the garage and making a cutout in the back wall so that the tank can be viewed from inside the bonus room- basically making an in-wall build. :)

stacy22;939573 wrote: I wanna redo the seams before that thing gets moved anywhere. Heath is a saint. LOL

I'm seriously considering leaving the tank in the garage and making a cutout in the back wall so that the tank can be viewed from inside the bonus room- basically making an in-wall build. :)

that would look awesome...! but you'll go to some electricity keeping temperature in that thing

If you studded up a 2x6 wall/box and hinged it you could swing it out of the way when needed.

sent from my Atari 2600

The tank is in a tight spot when we put it in the new room.
Stacy I think the in wall idea would be excellent

The stand is in the bonus room. The tank is still in the garage. The stand takes up a ton of room and if I can keep the tank in the garage (although in a different place) and have a viewing window it will save a ton of room inside.

Yeah, Dave, the 1" glass is overkill.

honestly a reseal isnt that hard to do. A rebuild is.

Ive done quite a few reseals, even my 200g sump.

Just get a razor blade and cut out the silicon in the corners(not between the glass). Get every scrap off and I mean everything! Then clean it with some rubbing alcohol and put in the new silicon.

A good tip is to wet your finger with soapy water and then mush the bead into the corner(dont press to hard to you will just squeeze most of it out)

Back