RESOLVED Site changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkreefingmad

Supporting
Reaction score
First of all I want to thank whoever is responsible for the site changes over the weekend. This is a VAST improvement. Little more needs to be said, honestly. Excellent work!

One minor technical thing - originally the SSL cert was valid for both atlantareefclub.com (with a redirect to .org) and atlantareefclub.org. Now the cert only supports atlantareefclub.org and has been this way since the changes made months ago. I (and probably a lot of other members) have a bad habit of going to .com because I've been a member for nearly 20 years and it always worked. Any chance of replacing the cert with a multidomain cert in the near future?

I'm glad you like the direction of the site. There are a couple threads in the Announcement forum that may offer some more info for you.

I see your sating you have been a member for quite a long time but your current account doesn't reflect that. Were you using a different account previously?

Yes, I was. When the wordpress site launched I had to create a new account, my old account was gone. At the time I thought that was the expected behavior but by your comment I take it that wasn't the case.

No, that wasn't expected behavior. The company that did the data migration for the developer didn't do a very good job and a lot of account were lost. Leo was able to restore over 70 of those but it seems there are more. You're the 2nd I've run across so far.

Would you by chance know of something that you posted prior to the WordPress site going live. It might help us locate the data for your account. If that data is still here there's a chance your acct can be restored and merged with your current one. It's a shot in the dark but worth trying.

Previous username was Arringar - I don't remember anything specific posted, honestly; it has been a while now. It isn't a big deal to me so if it can't be found/restored it won't upset me. I appreciate the effort, it is nice to know you guys care and are trying to make it right.

Ahh, that makes sense why we couldn't find anything at all. I think we can restore at least some of it. I'm on my phone so it's hard to see how much is there. Which user name do you want to keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back