Retail reef tanks

bhodges82

Supporting
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to have a reef tank at my job, but I was wondering where other reef tanks in retail locations may be.

I have one at Toyotechs in Chamblee GA.

Where have you seen a retail reef tank?

My doctors office in Stockbridge. 180 gallon FOWLR. Maintained by a service company.

Is the big marine tank still downstairs at the Pleasant Hill Gwinnett Medical Center?

Quickly cafe off Old Norcross and Steve Reynolds has a pretty nice tank. Joan Glancy Medical Rehab center has a nice one.
Dr. Clayton in John's Creek has a tank that is COVERED in Majano anemones

Kennesaw Pediatrics has a nice tank in the waiting room.

I can’t remember exactly where it was, I’m thinking Tifton or somewhere that way in South Georgia, had a massive African cichlid tank in a gas station/Wendy’s right off the interstate. This was about 9 years ago now.

+1 on question.
For years this was one of the pride tanks due to MRC generosity and the help from people from the club.
It was there when I worked in the ICU back in 2013 (where in the world has the time gone?!). Haven’t been back so I’m not sure.

I spent a good bit of time in the OR there as a rep. and always parked on the lower level/behind the hospital & came in/out by that tank. Haven’t been there since about that same year.

NGPG Family Doctor has one but it is in horrible shape. I know they had a guy named Chris Hollaway originally helping them but I am pretty sure he doesn't deal with saltwater tanks anymore. It is a huge tank but it definitely needs some desperate help.

Maybe, after this pandemic, we could see about doing some community outreach?

Sounds like many of these tanks could use some help?

Just hate seeing a neglected tank!

There is an assisted living facility in Grayson named Dogwood Forest that has 2 beautiful 600ish gallon reef tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I’ll stick my parents there one day lol

Do you live in Grayson?

I work at the Fire Station in Grayson. It makes running calls there hard, because I want to go look at the tanks. LOL. They also have a service dog that lives there. She is a standard poodle named Gracie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I grew up off Chandler Road about 20 years ago. Back when we moved there the main light in Grayson at 84 and 20 was a 2-way stop lol

Back