Return chamber level issues

Dmac

Market
Reaction score
My tank has always been stable as far as the water level. For some reason over the last week or so I've been having trouble keeping the level stable. I noticed it was low in my display so I added some water to the system. That took care of that issue but now I'm having trouble keeping the level stable in my return chamber. No matter how I dial in my return pump the level seems to never reach a stable equilibrium the first two chambers of my sump are low and the return section is almost to the top of the bathroom. I'm sure this is an easy fix but I haven't been able to figure it out

If the display was low there is not as much water being pumped up as normal, I would suspect blockage in the return line or a dirty pump.

I thought that too but blockage is almost impossible with the low profile overflows I have since they have screens on them. If I dial my return pump up then the water level is too low but eventually guess too high again. Oh well, I'll try cleaning it and see if that fixes my issue

Things can grow in the pipes. Lots of things like the high flow. Vermitid snails and sponges especially.

Back