Return pump manifold

genesis

Market
Reaction score
Was looking to upgrade my return pump from the Jebao dct 8000 to the dct 12000. The purpose of this would be to make a manifold to supply water to everything; DT, uv, reactor, frag tank.
Anyone have pictures or advice on how to create a manifold. My current setup is all soft plumbing.

45e2517b7da0094944ec207376c80f06.jpg
alt="" />

I just put a T fitting above my Union on the return, then added a union w ball valve to just the water off for maintenance times. As you can see I am only running a dual reactor so I only have 1 T fitting (1" to 1/2" I think was the size) that feed the reactor line. I left space at the end of the manifold to expand when I get a UV or anything more.

As always you are welcome to stop by and check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a chiller, uv, skimmer, fuge and frag tank on my manifold, fed off one of my dc12000.
key is to feed the line from the pump large to the manifold itself so you don't restrict the water volume, then you tee off and then reduce to what ever you need to feed that item, also it would be a good idea to use unions after the tee so if you wanted to change / replace / repair a piece of equipment, you wont have to cut any pipe. (I learned that the hard way)
don't know how much you might be able to see from the picture, i'll see if I could find a better one.

I will go with the strongest pump that will fit the return chamber. Is it too late to go with the dct 15000. Mine is doing a great job pushing the water into 300g tank + running cal reactor + 2 big media reactor and still have couple extra slot unused. And it has not been running at highest speed yet. Only about 3/4 way open

Back