Return Pump Plumbing question

oldedb

Market
Reaction score
I am going to switch from black flexible tubing to PVC on my return pump. I have a Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0. It has a 3/4" output and when I bought a male 3/4" to 1" adapter, I noticed that the current attachment that I am connecting the tubing to has a gasket and the PVC adapter does not. Is that an issue? Also I am planning on running 1" PVC to my bulkhead since it is 1".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
953885=53566-IMG_1538n.jpg
>
953885=53566-IMG_1538n.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1538n.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Bgcoop8784;953956 wrote: if you are running the pump internally it shouldn't hurt anything, just use a little teflon tape on the new fitting. If you were going external I wouldn't run without the o-ringed fitting that comes with the pump. Personally I like to run a short piece of flex on my pumps before going to rigid pvc though. I'd buy a barbed to threaded adapter use a piece of flex before connecting the pvc, just in case of any vibrations,

+1
This is good advice to cut down on vibration and be able to shift your pump around a little to sit better which you can't do if it's hard piped, also if you wanted to disconnect.

Back