RETURN PUMP QUESTION

tonytran509

Reaction score
So I'm about to setup my 150 gallon with a 60 gallon sump..... and now shopping for pumps on amazon lol so there are sooo many choices and I am not trying to really spend like money atm... so any recommendations and also how much flow should i be looking at?

Thank you,
Tony

I ran an eheim pump for a few years and it was great. It’s a normal style as opposed to dc pumps that are the big rage now. I think it depends on how much you want to spend, how much flow you want, and if you want controllability on it.

I had an old mag pump that was a workhorse but loud and a Sicce that was nice and quiet. I’d prolly go with a Sicce next time around or DC.

I have a jebao return pump that i installed about 3 months ago and it has been flawless. It is a DC pump and I am only running it at 40%. It also has a ramp up feature where when it gets power it doesnt go straight to what ever power % you are running. It slowly ramps up to that speed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SQX5CEM/ref=twister_B00SQX5CFG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have the 12000 model but you could go to the 15000 if you want a bigger pump.

I'm also running a jebao pump its noiseless adjustable flow and a feed mode. I like it and so far I will be using one again

I have a jebao return pump that i installed about 3 months ago and it has been flawless. It is a DC pump and I am only running it at 40%. It also has a ramp up feature where when it gets power it doesnt go straight to what ever power % you are running. It slowly ramps up to that speed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SQX5CEM/ref=twister_B00SQX5CFG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have the 12000 model but you could go to the 15000 if you want a bigger pump.

i just grabbed the same one you posted up... i think the 12000 should be good enough :) thanks for the detailed advice, it kinda solidified the decision :)

You can normally get them on sale or discounted rate from chewy.com Love those Jabeo return pumps!

Back