Return Pump Suggestions

drjett

Market
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I need help. I am in the process of setting up a 90g tank and want a strong, reliable, and quite return submersible pump.

Please post your suggestions and support thoughts below.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I am going to buy one by Wednesday 4/1/15.

This might help.
showthread.php

Eheim and Sicce pumps are very reliable, quiet, and proven. DC pumps are another option, but have received mixed reviews. Some love them, some don't. Which exact model depends on what you plan to plumb off of it (I.e. Manifold), and how much turn over you want through your sump.

I've been running a Eheim 1262 on my 90g for over a year and has been running great the whole time.

For AC the Eheim line is hard to beat. I personally prefer the DC pumps and use a Reef Octopus (for about 6 months now I think). I also have one of the new Jebod DCT 12000 and the RO out performs it even though it is rated at half. Build quality on the new RO is obvious, if I had it all to do over again I would still buy the RO.

I have a Reef Octopus DC pump. I love that it ramps on and off smoothly and it's whisper quiet. Does the job for me.

I love my jebao DC 12000 , its a fire hydrant of a work horse and so quiet that the first time I plugged it in and turned it on I thought it was broken.
It has a controller and it ramps up when turned on , and it stays cooler than mag driven pumps .
Uu believe it was about 100$ +a little shipping

Tbub1221;1024413 wrote: I love my jebao DC 12000 , its a fire hydrant of a work horse and so quiet that the first time I plugged it in and turned it on I thought it was broken.
It has a controller and it ramps up when turned on , and it stays cooler than mag driven pumps .

+1
I have the DCT-8000 and I love it

Tbub1221;1024413 wrote: I love my jebao DC 12000 , its a fire hydrant of a work horse and so quiet that the first time I plugged it in and turned it on I thought it was broken.

I think my DC pump is broken every time I turn it back on after a water change until it ramps up enough to create surface movement.

crew;1024423 wrote: i think my dc pump is broken every time i turn it back on after a water change until it ramps up enough to create surface movement.

+1

Back