Revamped water station

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
Before:
20200209_152051.jpg
After:
DE4D8D24-EE33-4CB7-8512-DFCFE8EF9D8D.jpegThanks to @brent311 for selling me the new water barrels! Cohesive and streamlined! Just need to hook up programmable plugs! RODI filling 1st barrel now. Going to run lines through wall to ATO/AWC reservoirs with dosing pumps for auto refills. It’s all coming together!

Any reason you chose to put the outlet so high up in the barrel? How will you get the water out below that line, a pump?

Yes I have pumps attached to each bulkhead. Makes it easier to put a 5 gallon bucket underneath. There is also a pump attached to the water transfer bulkhead. The RODI tubing goes from a small pump in the RODI barrel to a float valve in the salt mixing barrel. Soon I will have tubing connected to dosing pumps that will take water from the respective barrels to the inside ATO and AWC reservoirs inside.

[]the inside ATO and AWC reservoirs inside.[]

Yikes! Talk about redundancy!!!!

Any concerns with housing the RODI outside? I was under the impression that to get best life out of the filters and membrane, you should keep it in a climate controlled environment.

Any concerns with housing the RODI outside? I was under the impression that to get best life out of the filters and membrane, you should keep it in a climate controlled environment.
Honestly, not really. I have a TDS meter and it is completely out of the weather. Covered porch, no direct sunlight, no frost. Can bring it inside if I need to for freezing weather. Had it in that shed most of the winter with no issues.

Any reason you chose to put the outlet so high up in the barrel? How will you get the water out below that line, a pump?

That’s the first thing I thought too, how do you get the last 15 gals or so out? Sounds like y'all have it all lined up for what you need though Nancy... looks good! :cool:

David

Back