Reverse lighting and ph

danh

Market
Reaction score
My main lights are on 11:30am until 10:30pm and my refium/ATS light is on reverse. Why is my ph starting to rise before 11:30am?? Is it the little sunlight light coming through the blinds and curtains? It bottoms out at 7:30am starts to go up around 9:30am. It does start to decrease around 10:30pm when the main lights go off.

Screenshot_2016-06-30-11-15-32_zps9bdvrmdc.png
alt="" /></a>

Just a thought. Do your powerheads have a night mode or change flow around that time that the pH is increasing?

Dont chase pH values, its not a large enough swing to care about. As long as your pH doesnt dip below 7.8 or go over 8.6 there is nothing to worry about.

I don't use the night setting on my powerheads. I guess that there's enough light at 9:30am to change that if I was using it.

Over a week later and I'm still between 7.91 and 8.11. I guess that's fine. I was just wondering what the reason was for it to start going up prior to the main lights coming on. I'm a details person, I just want to know what's going on.

I always noticed some slight pH fluctuations whenever I got fresh air in the house. This is pure conjecture but perhaps the fluctuations are due to the natural ingress/egress of air in the morning as people come in and out of the house. It seems like a stretch... :)

I guess there is some door opening. I don't know how much front and back doors opening affect the air in my bedroom in a 2400 sq foot house.

EnderG60;1090458 wrote: Dont chase pH values, its not a large enough swing to care about. As long as your pH doesnt dip below 7.8 or go over 8.6 there is nothing to worry about.

+1

There could be a combination of reasons. Like Jin said fresh air coming in to the room or your air conditioner kicks in more outside air as the house gets warmer. The sunlight hitting the tank and corals starting to open up. As much as we want to be OCD about our tanks pH is really not that important as long as you keep it within the recommended parameters your good to go. :)

Back