Rhizo coral

shawn_patterson

Market
Reaction score
So I've had 2 rhizo corals for about two-three years now. I know they're illegal to import. But are they illegal to sell. I feed them all the time. But I'm starting to feel like it's more of a chore. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

The only answer I found was this:

<p style="text-align:left"><span style="color: #000000">"because once the illicit coral has cleared customs and entered the country, there are no laws governing the ownership and resale of this species; all of the regulation takes place on the front end of importation and once they are in the animals are free and clear. "

Read more:
all-rhizotrochus-typus-are-illegally-collected-and-imported

I'd much rather sell them to someone who will actually take care of them. I paid over 1300 for both of them. I doubt most people would pay 650 a pop for them. But I'd really like to get my money back on them. These are actually the true Japanese ones too. They're dark pink/red

Nope, not illegal to sell in contiguous 48 states. As soon as you try to import or export, then it will become illegal due to a CITES issue. The species is not on the threatened or endangered list.

MarquiseO;988410 wrote: Nope, not illegal to sell in contiguous 48 states. As soon as you try to import or export, then it will become illegal due to a CITES issue. The species is not on the threatened or endangered list.

Thanks!

Yeah there's no issues once they're here. I've had several over the last couple years and they're one of my favorite corals.

That's a picture of mine when I was moving tanks. It's basically a huge dendro
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
988444=56539-image.jpg
>
988444=56539-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

How do they reproduce? Do they just bud off other polyps?

They reproduce by spawning. Haven't been successfully bred in captivity as far as I've seen. I've seen them spawn though.

Back