Ricordea Question

putemup

Market
Reaction score
I placed (not glued) a small rock containing about 4 heads of ricordea on a large piece of live rock in my tank. Initially I assumed that the ricordea would stay in the spot I placed them but I was wrong. It appears that the ricordea are now slowly starting to move around my tank.

1. Should I be concerned about fighting between them and my other corals?
2.Should I simply remove the rocordia from the tank all together?

My tank is a 75 Reef containing both SPS and LPS corals. I have about 80 lbs of live rock in it.

Same here never seen mine move... Just multiply like crazy.

They move if the spot they are in does not meet their needs. If they are still on the original rock, try moving it to a different spot.

They are in more danger from being stung by LPS corals, than they are of being a danger to other corals. Most Ricordea grow more slowly than other types of corals and corallimorphs.

Jenn

What type of ricordia? At one point I had ONE yuma. I emphasize one because in 18 months it's become a colony of more than 20. It walks around leaving bits of foot as it goes and each developes into a mature yuma. I've found mine to be aggressive with a potent sting.

From my experience, ricordeas like low light and very low flow. See if you can put them in such locations and see if they will stay.

Back