Ricordia Issue.....It Won't Mind...LOL

jonboyb

Market
Reaction score
Picked up a nice 3-head Ric from Jeff McPhail with 2 heads attached to rubble. I wanted to get the 3rd one attached so I could glue the rubble in-place (in case I ever wanted to move it) so I placed it in a small rubbermaid cup full of LR rubble. However, it found the cup itself to be more acceptable and attached. Not to fond of mounting the cup in my reef:D How can I convince it to release? I think it would peel off the smooth plastic fairly easily, but I've been told if it tears, the whole colony could die. Will the ice cube trick work on Rics like anenomes?

I would place the cup in the shade or point a PH at it and let the Ric move on it's own, but with a 28 gallon slammed with LR, coral, and frag racks....I'm limited on that option. Thanks.

jonboyb;254395 wrote: Picked up a nice 3-head Ric from Jeff McPhail with 2 heads attached to rubble. I wanted to get the 3rd one attached so I could glue the rubble in-place (in case I ever wanted to move it) so I placed it in a small rubbermaid cup full of LR rubble. However, it found the cup itself to be more acceptable and attached. Not to fond of mounting the cup in my reef:D How can I convince it to release? I think it would peel off the smooth plastic fairly easily, but I've been told if it tears, the whole colony could die. Will the ice cube trick work on Rics like anenomes?

I would place the cup in the shade or point a PH at it and let the Ric move on it's own, but with a 28 gallon slammed with LR, coral, and frag racks....I'm limited on that option. Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by a three headed ricordia. If it is three separate pieces then the one that is attached to the cup can be cut off with a razor blade or scalpel.

Three mouths, but all attached together. It's about 3" long x 1" wide.

Just scrape it off with a sharp razor blade as close to the cup as you can. The ric will not like it and most likely will take a few days to heal but will be ok.

jonboyb;254427 wrote: Three mouths, but all attached together. It's about 3" long x 1" wide.

Ok, then just cut it off with a razor blade. If any part of the foot is already attached to rubble just glue it onto your rock and the rest will eventually attach as well.

Back