Right Now! (?)

siege

Market
Reaction score
Anybody ever heard of a product called "http://www.hdltd.com/products/p_rightnow.html">Right Now!</a>"?

I've just moved to Kennesaw and am setting up tank. My room mate was looking around and found the above product. I don't really think I need it, but to satisfy his curiosity, I'm asking here if any of you know anything about it. It DOES sound interesting, especially if it works as advertised, but I feel like someone is trying to sell me snake oil, what with the number of things it claims to do. However, they state that they have even [IMG]http://www.hdltd.com/technical/t_24hour.html">applied for a Nobel</a> for "<span style="color: black;">a product which has the unprecedented capability to establish a Totally Aerobic Nitrogen Cycle in 24 hours (instead of 28 days) in aquarium aquaculture, as well as treat and remediate serious nitrogen pollution in large aqueous systems, whether natural or manmade. This present invention relates to new denitrifying aerobic bacterial compositions and to aerobic methods for biological treatment of aqueous systems polluted by nitrogen waste products."</span>

Anyone?

Siege! Where you been man?

Why rush it? Don't fall for any answers in a bottle. Set up your tank and do it right with time and patience :).

Life's been awful hectic - just trying to make living and all that jazz... Playing video-games too, of course.

Yeah, I have a plan, and it includes lots of patience, especially since I'm on a tight budget, plus I have made a very interesting contact who happens to be incredibly well versed in marine biology and marine reef-keeping, and she hs provided me wth a lot of valuable advice and insight. I'll likely be starting a thread soon on my new build soliciting everyone's advice s soon s I have firmed up what I'm thinking a bit more.

Glad to see you're well, Jin - how's everything with the family?

I tried it on a QT tank and didn't see the results that the maker promised.

I used a similar product on my FW tank a while back its called Bio-Spira. They make a FW and SW version. The FW version works really well and my tank was cycled over night. Really great product....dont know much about this brand though.

i used tht stuff a long time ago.... didnt really see an decrease in cycle time.. i think i have a bottle lying around somewhere...

Yep, that's what I thought :D

However - 1.) It never hurts to ask, and 2.) Reefers aren't known for being the most readily aceepting of new products, etc., that don't strike their fancy or fit immediately with what said reefer knows/believe to be true.

I felt the same way though, likely to be too good to be true, and I don't really need it for what I have in mind - my boss and new room mate, however, is... well, he's one of those people, is about all I can say... You'd have to know him to know what I mean, but he's excited about the idea of a saltwater tank but is not known for being particularly patient; whatever, it's my money and effort, and I'm doing this tank right, my way, the first time, and I'm in precisely ZERO hurry except to figure out how I'm going to configure my setup so I can get dimensions to my friend who is going to custom make a stand for me.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back