Rigid airline tubing

Most HD or lowes will have 1/4" and 1/2" flex tubing. Not 3/8". USplastics is a great site, Im sure you can find it on amazon too.

Online Amazon look for Lee’s Pet products rigid tubing.

I looked into them and was about to purchase but read the reviews and there are photos of how they're shipped. They bend the tubes to fit inside an envelope. Here's a link to one. You can see it in Customer Images. https://www.amazon.com/Lees-Pet-Pro...=1550678393&sr=8-2&keywords=lees+rigid+tubing

That defeats the purpose, especially for what im trying to do. I remember reading a post here where someone used tubing that comes with those mylar balloons sold in stores. They're not clear like I need but I may have no choice.

Cool feeder. I hadn't seen that before. The article does seem to indicate you can use flex as well. I especially liked the part on sourcing nylon mesh.

Thank you. I need the true rigid ones that doesnt bend easily. Im trying to make a mandarin feeder like this one. http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/diy-target-feeder-mandarinfish-pipefish-2804/

Ha, you dont need 3/8" tubing for that. I made one but I use 1/2" PVC and a cap with a hole drilled to connect the funnel. Tube size doesnt really matter for this as long as its larger than 1/4" and will allow the eggs to flow down.

BTW they work great but you have to clean them at least every 2 weeks.

Cool feeder. I hadn't seen that before. The article does seem to indicate you can use flex as well. I especially liked the part on sourcing nylon mesh.

Yes you can use flex but people were having problems keeping it down so they had to put weights on it. With a rigid tubing, it'd be easier to keep it down without adding weights. I wish I had seen this article earlier, especially the part saying to cover the pantyhose part with duct tape so you're wife wouldnt notice. I bought some pantyhose to use for a DIY project and had some leftover so I left them on my desk. I had to explain that one to my wife.

I looked into them and was about to purchase but read the reviews and there are photos of how they're shipped. They bend the tubes to fit inside an envelope. Here's a link to one. You can see it in Customer Images. https://www.amazon.com/Lees-Pet-Pro...=1550678393&sr=8-2&keywords=lees+rigid+tubing

That defeats the purpose, especially for what im trying to do. I remember reading a post here where someone used tubing that comes with those mylar balloons sold in stores. They're not clear like I need but I may have no choice.

Big Al’s pets also sell the tubing as well as BRS and Marine Depot and a bunch of others. But the idea below with PVC from Home Depot Or Lowe’s is probably quicker and cheaper :) good luck, post a pic when you are done. I would be interested in seeing :). Thanks!

Ha, you dont need 3/8" tubing for that. I made one but I use 1/2" PVC and a cap with a hole drilled to connect the funnel. Tube size doesnt really matter for this as long as its larger than 1/4" and will allow the eggs to flow down.

BTW they work great but you have to clean them at least every 2 weeks.

Thank you. I'll probably give that a try.

Thank you. Unfortunately they dont have anything like that in stock. Theyre smallest diameter tubing is over 2". But Im gonna keep this place in mind. I didnt know we had a local plastic company.
No problem. Actually the link ichthyoid posted has a thinner wall and bigger ID than what I posted which will probably work better.
I have some 1/4" OD if it'll work for you. It's this. I think the ID is too small but you can have a piece if you want to try it.

No problem. Actually the link ichthyoid posted has a thinner wall and bigger ID than what I posted which will probably work better.
I have some 1/4" OD if it'll work for you. It's this. I think the ID is too small but you can have a piece if you want to try it.

Thanks Adam. Im gonna try the 1/2" PVC method @enderg60 suggested.

I'm going to use the same principle on a diy plastic bottle fish trap the next time i need one, add 1/2" pvc so I can keep it on the bottom and add food for bait

Back