Rip

notireef

Market
Reaction score
So during this morning's feeding I noticed my flame cardinal no where in sight...normally she is the first one out when food hits the water. So i wait and then started checking the caves and behind rocks. There I see her with my big ol peppermint shrimp in her mouth. She held it in her mouth for over 15 minutes trying to swallow it down. :confused2: :doh:

I guess somethings gotta give when you cut down on feedings cuz of cyano...what ticks me off is that the peppermint was actully getting rid of the aptasia....it did its job well. :sad:

RIP peppermint shrimp

Wow, I have never heard of a flame cardinal eating an ornamental shrimp. Sorry :( Peppermints are awesome.

yup circle of life...well atleast the shrimp took care of the aptasia before it became breakfast. :)

Flame Cardinals are known to do that, when they get to their adult size they can eat small fish. It sucks but at least it wasn't a super expensive shrimp. It happens.

Flame cardinals are really nice fish and I was planning on one instead of the more common pajama or bangaii cardinals until I saw their temprament listed as "bold"....LOL. I guess this one was definantly bold. By the way, do you have tiny peppermints or a huge cardinal? My peppermints are pretty much cleaner shrimp sized after 6 months or so (probably 2+" bodies). It would take quite a mouth to eat one.

unreal but the cardinal is still holding the shrimp in her mouth...wth? :confused2:
I wonder if its stuck?? no clue.....below are some pics.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
279000=15161-DSCN3092.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
279000=15161-DSCN3092.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN3092.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
279000=15160-DSCN3094.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
279000=15160-DSCN3094.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN3094.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back