RO Canister gaskets

joseayes

Market
Reaction score
While I've never had a leak from none of the canisters before it just happened last night on one, a DI canister started to leak around the top. The whole unit is inside the laundry room, so no chances for this cold weather to crack anything but still, the floor is not designed to contain spills and the room does not have floor drain either so this flood can severely damage the ceiling in the basement. Fortunately I caught the leak on time, well... after half gallon dropped around... maybe... however I was able to locate the canister that it was leaking, dry out the floors and turn off the RODI, which started to leak when the system had accumulated the pressure need it to shut the booster pump off... The pressure need it for the gasket to fail...
The complete RODI has 6 canisters and 2 membranes.
The DI that I have is a braket with two chambers used for two DI canisters, bought used a while ago, and actually never tought on placing new gaskets on them when I started using it...
Check equipment before you put it to stress or it will cause headaches ;):oops::eek:

That sucks Antonio, glad you caught it before there were gallons that had leaked.

Was the leak from the ro canisters or from the prefilters?

Back