RO/DI Booster Pump

dylpik27

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm getting very little production out of my 75 gpd 5 stage "plus" BRS system and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same and decided to add the booster pump. I know I have weak water pressure so I think it will really help but I wanted to check here for personal experiences before making the leap.

Thanks

Side note: anyone have one for sale?

I got a booster pump for my Spectrapure 90gpd RODI unit a while back. It boosted the pressure from around 40-50 PSI to 80. If I had to put a number on it, I would say that it probably increased production by about 30-40%. That was during the winter, I expect that it will likely improve a little more with the warm weather.

Acandoit;1027710 wrote: I grabbed a booster pump from Air Water and Ice and have to say it is one of the best investments I have made in the hobby. "Investment" may be too strong a word, but definitely no ragrets!

+1.

You may want to install a pressure gauge too see what your pressure is currently at. My setup recommends 65 psi. Before I installed a booster pump our water pressure was at a measly 40psi and RO production was really slow.

Thanks for all of the replies. My pressure is 30 psi. Pretty sorry. Booster pump it is!

MOST problems with RO or RO/DI are due to low water pressure.

I used a booster on my unit at the shop, and it made a huge difference.

Jenn

What is the max PSI a RODI filter should be ran? I am blessed with excellent water pressure in Athens and can pass the usu. 80 PSI I run my 150 gpd filters at easily.

I would say 80 is on the lower end of max, you can easily run 90-100 if you have no leaks. The higher pressure the greater the efficiency until something lets go.

Fish;1027983 wrote: I would say 80 is on the lower end of max, you can easily run 90-100 if you have no leaks. The higher pressure the greater the efficiency until something lets go.

I'm pretty sure the recommended PSI from BRS is 80 to run most efficiently.

HiImSean;1028095 wrote: I'm pretty sure the recommended PSI from BRS is 80 to run most efficiently.

80psi is the pressure they have used to measure the units output per day. For example a 75GPD unit will make 75 gallons per day at 80psi. It will make more at more pressure. The fittings and canisters are the limiting factor and are rated well over 100psi.

Back