RO/DI output

thbrewst

Market
Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong forum...

I recently changed the filter cartridges on my BRS RO/DI set-up. My water pressure generally stinks so I also have the Aquatec pressure booster. All of the sudden there is hardly any pressure in the system when I run it. Historically with the booster on it would run at ~70 on the pressure meter. Any troubleshooting thoughts?

I also noticed that when the system is not on the water level in the filter cartridges drops, which it never did before.

Thanks for any thoughts or guidance you can provide.

Id take it oit and make sure it's in correctly first. Something may have gotten clogged.

Check if u have that flow restrictor install after the waste water line

After you check out your RODI unit (filters then membrain) if you still have a problem get a water gage at home depo and check a faucet at the front of the house and check a faucet inside. They should not be the same, the one at the front is before the pressure reducing valve, the one inside should be 45 - 60 psi (normal household presure). You may need to replace the reducing valve they do fail. Hopefully it is the RODI unit, ours was the reducing valve, Hal had to replace it! Holley

My first thought was that something isn't seated properly. Especially check the membrane if you have changed that.

Did you sanitize and flush out the system when you changed the cartridges (you should, but many people don't...) Could be some flotsam got stuck somewhere.

Jenn

Back