RO/DI question

el-reefo

Market
Reaction score
Team,

I started to run my ro/di filter last night. TDS tests are good for the clean water... temperature is right, but I am getting about 6-7 gallons of waste water per every 1 gallon of clean water.

Is this normal? mine is a 100 gpd/ 5 stage unit.

6-7gallons of effluent is a little high - usually it's around 4. The cause is usually low incoming water temperature (target ~75-80 degrees) or, more likely, water pressure. The optimal water pressure is around 80-90 psi, but most homes have around 40-60, so the membrane will be less efficient.

My water pressure was about 35psi before I bought the Aquateck Booster Pump, now it hovers around 85, juuussttt right. Now if I could just get water to always be at optimal temperature...

tebriel;204863 wrote: Now if I could just get water to always be at optimal temperature...

Buy an extra roll of pressure tubing and let it run through your sump before going into your RO - the tank water will heat up the water in the pressure tubing. Might want to test the pressure tubing for leaks before dropping it in your sump first (just hook it up and look for drops of water).

<span style="color: black;">Making the pipe run through the sum isn't happening...it's logistically unfeasible. I will try to increase the water pressure from the street. Does anyone know how one can test the water pressure in the house? Is there any gadget that I can rent (or purchase) at HD or somewhere?</span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">Thanks,</span>

You can buy pressure gauges pretty easily and cheaply - either ones that you hook up to your home faucet or that are inline on your RO unit. The latter is preferred, since you can see exactly how much pressure is reaching your membrane.

Ok Mojo...

I'll give it a try. if it blows, you'll read about it in the paper. :)

ThX_

LOL, run a tube through the sump...45' one way, plus the tubing in the sump, plus the return trip, wouldn't I be loosing pressure at that point? :)

Back