RO/DI Question

rgardner

Market
Reaction score
Alright without getting bashed....I have recently filled my 220 up with tap water.. and was wondering if I hook up A RO/DI system to my tank and let it run for a few days with this resolve "tap water" situation? I have never owned or operated a ro/di system but I see that theres a "bad water" line that drains. Does this have to drain outside the tank or can I have it run back into the tank eventually becoming perfect water?

The RO/DI system runs of your water line in your house, not your tank. You need the pressure coming in from the street to push the water through the filters. I would recommend that you start over, tap water can be very bad for a tank!

Are there any chemicals that I can simply pour into the tank that will rid the water of hard contaminates?

Nah, stuff like prime binds chlorine to itself making it inert (that is IF [big if] I understand what it does) leaving it in an inert state in the water. The bigger problem is though, that there are lots of things that you can't make inert/get out without just starting over.

Back