RO/DI system up!

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
I finally got everything set on the RO/DI system at the new house. After almost 4 days of filling I now am the proud owner of 250 gallons of RO/DI water. I bought a 250 water tank, caged on a pallet. I tapped into my refrigerator water line and then to the RO/DI unit. I thought about just using the RO out but decieded that I might as well use straight RO/DI water instead. I know that the DI membrane is only good for about 1000 gallons but my water usage is not heavy right now since I only have a 55/20 GAL set up. If anyone has a tank emergency and needs RO/DI water just PM me!

flyingarmy;31147 wrote: . I know that the DI membrane is only good for about 1000 gallons

I thought that the DI chamber used replacable resins. ???

Wow 250g of RODI! Now that is a lot of water! If someone needed a bunch in a hurry due to an emergency that would really be convienient. However transporting lots of water is a PITA because it is so heavy. Thanks for helping out in case of any Reef Emergencies! :)

wbholwell;31150 wrote: I thought that the DI chamber used replacable resins. ???

Sorry..meant the resin is good for about 1000 gallons. Membranes are in the other chambers and depending on the water qaulity going in will depend on how long they last. I need to start checking the water with the TDS meter to make sure that I keep on top of declining efficiency of the RO/DI system.

JustOneMoreTank;31160 wrote: Wow 250g of RODI! Now that is a lot of water! If someone needed a bunch in a hurry due to an emergency that would really be convienient. However transporting lots of water is a PITA because it is so heavy. Thanks for helping out in case of any Reef Emergencies! :)

No problem...I know how much it would suck to have an emergency and not be able to get a large amount of RO/DI water quickly. I don't pay for water at the new house so it's free to me anyways!:yes:

WowWowWow! Now you are talking! I was not going to ask or mention how much water was consumed in the production of the pure RODI water because most would not really want to know how much water we use to produce the precious RODI we want. Great hookup not having to pay for water. I may come over and fill up a couple drums of RODI for an "emergency" I have coming up. ;)

Back