RO/DI TDS question :)

ouling

Market
Reaction score
Look at this picture, my RO/DI is running pretty fast when compared to winter time (i know it'll be slower). I do not have a TDS meter and my mouth isn't really telling me much. Does this look normal? I know the coralife ro/di have a membrane gasket problem but i've just took the thing out and installed it back in. Still flows the same. I'm going to see how long it fills up the 35g rubbermaid. I don't know the flow rate of this thing anymore :( so if someone know then please tell me!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
57363=3922-Picture 295.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
57363=3922-Picture 295.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 295.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
57363=3923-Picture 296.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
57363=3923-Picture 296.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 296.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Buy a TDS meter... They're cheap. I got mine off ebay for 20 bucks including shipping.

But... to answer your question directly... Coralife makes a wide variety of RO/DI everything from 25/50/100+. So in the time it took you to post this question you could do a simple web search and find what model you have. :)

You can always break out a gallon jug and measure it... probably the sure fire way to make sure something is terribly wrong.

It is doing something like 10 gallons per hour... that isn't normal

Something in your filters is getting bipassed or you have some crazy water pressure and something is likely to give way if that is the case.

Need to see what your membrane is rated for, it will be on the filter, also the temp of the water will effect the amount of flow. Check your restrictor is in place and it matches your membrane flow rate. Tds meter would be a good thing to tell if there are problems.

Where in your plumbing system do you have your system. The ratings are assuming a raw water temperature and pressure. If you increase either the flow increases. I have my RO/DI installed prior to the house pressure regulator, so I am seeing 45-60 psi at the inlet (as opposed to 35 psi after the pressure regulator).

This time of year I get about 7 gph out of my 35 gpd (1.5 gph) unit (not Coralife). During the winter I get about 3 gph.

Back