RO/DI unit on ebay

zanski

Market
Reaction score
Some one on here or RC posted a great seller for these on ebay. Trying to remember the name of the seller. Anyone remember this?:confused2:

if your trying to save $ on a RO you may be talking about Water General. i been using thiers for a good bit now. most of the Ebay RO seller have poor prefilters and some have poor membranes I would look for Flimtec or GE Desail membranes

yeah--water general --honestly, I bought one about ayear ago-and have been VERY happy with it--I'm thinking it's about time to replace filters, and I prob. will soon; I mix about 40-50 gallons/week

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Reef-6st-100GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Water-Filters_W0QQitemZ120215424220QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20684QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Reef-6st-100GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Water-Filters_W0QQitemZ120215424220QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20684QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</a>

I been using that 1 for 2 years now. Great unit
Can't beat $99 ship. I am sure there other been using them also.

When its time to change your prefilter I'd recomend a 1 micron deep sediment filter, and a .5 micon chlorine guzler carbon block.

That one is a option, I like the clear housings to see the condition of my Prefilters. The extra DI chamber with the WG is a plus.

I picked up a 5-stage for like $80 or something like that-I figured for $80, I'd give it a try-instead of dropping $300+ for a namebrand comparable unit-and it has turned out to be a pretty good unit-I've never tested TDS, but algae isn't a problem-and corals seem to be happy-How do you tell when the filters need changing? put a tds on it?

You can alway buy an TDS tester, but all filter should be change out once a year. 1 ever 6 months if you are using it heavyly

Buckeye Field Supply;130980 wrote: We strongly recommend against any system with a horizontal DI - it is a fundamental configuration error.

Repiping the DI to make it vertical would solve that problem?

The only possible deference I see between horizontal and vertical placement of the DI is possible air trapping and not escaping.

Moving the DI so that it is vertical, with bottom up flow, would address some of the issues. You may still however be left with, depending upon your system, a non refillable cartridge and/or a small capacity cartridge.

Russ

Back