Ro/Di waste water

leslie

Market
Reaction score
I just received a 6 stage, 0 PPM, Ro/Di unit from Ebay that cost $95. I want to know what folks are doing with their waste water. Does anyone have a way to salvage it to water plants or anything useful?

well as you have something like 3g WW for 1g ro best bet would be run a house out back and connect it to a drip hose

mine just goes down the drain to be recycled through our sewage system to come back later. i keep a float valve on my reservoir so i can leave it to fill up while i'm gone for the day without worrying about a flood, but then i shut off the unit with ball valves at the product line and then at the source line, so the unit stays pressurized but is not producing waste water 24/7 when i'm getting no product water. my unit has a special valve that is supposed to shut off water flow through the unit when the pressure backs up in excess of 65 psi so the whole unit shuts down when the float valve stops it, but my water pressure isn't high enough so waste water still trickles out.

I mounted my Ro/Di unit in the laundry room so I use my waste water for laundry, watering plants, etc.....very little goes down the drain. :) Recycle and cut down on the water bill. Works for me. :)

I run mines to the pond
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
319725=16016-tank.jpg
>
319725=16016-tank.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ok, the pond diagram is WAY TOO complicated for me.

If I want to use the waste in my washing machine, how do I set it up for that? Do I need a separate Brute from which the washer takes water? I am confused.

Leslie....i run my waste water line directly in my washer. The tube is long enough where it can extend out to a trash can to collect access waste water. Does that make sense??

Back