RO filters

seedless reefer

Market
Reaction score
Need to replace my RO filters and membrane.

I can get a package deal from the folks that built my RO system but I want some other ideas.

Also, the DI filter on this unit is the old school one that comes prepacked with resin and I don't think you can get those anymore.

I have never had 0 TDS 4 is the best I got from this unit and it's a 6 stage.

My opinion is that housings are housings and there is probably a problem with filters and feed water.

I want 0 TDS.

I just went through the same deal, ended up getting a new canister for di, mounting it next to my ro unit. I have 0 tds atm after running 2 tds for the longest time with the sealed di canister.

The best membrane is from Spectra Pure they have a 99% rejection rate membrane, but it cost $$$ (other brand may also carry tested 99% not sure). The good thing about that membrane is you would get 0 TDS even without a DI section ( because our tap is so good to start with)

IMO good prefilters is money well spent. A 20,000 chlorine guzzler, and a .2 micron zeta zorb helps your membrane last.

If you dont have 0 TDS at the end of your RODI your DI or DI housing is the problem. Measure your TDS before the DI then after to confirm this.

It is my understanding that there are only two membrane manufacturers one is DOW the other GE and companies just rebrand them no?

Seedless Reefer;301619 wrote: It is my understanding that there are only two membrane manufacturers one is DOW the other GE and companies just rebrand them no?

That sounds correct, at least for the TFM type.

The 99% rejection type are simply tested membranes. Spectra Pure has ALL their DOW membranes tested. The ones that have extra good of a rejection rate they sell for a premium.

IMO its hard to justify the extra money of 99 % mems, unless you dont plain on using DI, OR for folks that have very high TDS tap water, like above 500 tds.

My tap is normally between 30-70 TDS so even with a standard 96% rejection rate membrane water out is almost never above 1-2 TDS out of the RO section.

Back