RO Problems

pbyrmartin

Market
Reaction score
My RO unit is a few years old but lately it wont shut off the waste water, I replace the auto shut off but no change

but what I do notice is that the drain water slow down like its going to shut off but pick back up at full speed.

any ideas

Your water pressure is to low. Have you checked your water pressure PSI's?
Check out the post last week about this same issue!
You can buy A tester for $3.50 at Lowes.

I have a pressure gauge on the unit its reading 80 psi

I just find it puzzling that's it's been running for two years + with no issues then about 2 months ago this started
I wonder if the check valve fail or the membrane is at fault

Your right 80 is not to low. I think 70 is safer!
I'd guess you've discovered it from your posts, correct?

I have a new ro coming in the mail this week
I think this one have internal issues
About a week before my ro issues the auto shut off sprung a at the fitting I was able to stop it but I think that was an indication of a bigger problem
I will let u know how the new ro work out

The shut off valves rarely fail.

You said there is 80 PSI going into the unit? Is it producing like it should?

How old is the membrane, and how old are the prefilters?

Any kinks in the connecting tubing? Check on input, output, brine water (waste water)...

If the prefilters are clogged or the membrane is clogged that can mess with it enough for the auto shutoff not to work properly.

Jenn

You might want to go ahead and change the membrane. It's recommended to change them every 2-3 years, so if you've ruled out other causes, that could be it.

Jenn

I installed this one last night
It seems to be working I will monitor it for the next few days
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1034514=61864-image.jpg
>
1034514=61864-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Here is one that's not blurred
1034515=61865-image.jpg
>
1034515=61865-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Remember to discard the first few gallons, as the membrane's preservative rinses off.

A little update
I took the unit apart it seems the check valve was corroded and was failing and the membrane was a little gloged up

The new ro is shutting off I already notice it on my pond, the waste was going to my pond
The levels started to drop so I guess I wasn't rally wasting water it was going to a good cause.

Good thing I decided to cut my lost and get a new system because the old ro was not worth fixing
1034750=61891-image.jpg
>
1034750=61891-image.jpg

Ro
1034753=61893-image.jpg
>
1034753=61893-image.jpg

Back