Ro-rps-2000 feed pump advice

billyocean

Supporting
Reaction score
125 is cycled. Have the RO skimmer ready to install. What pump would you recommend to feed it. It says 225-500 gph to supply the skimmer. This is my first ext skimmer that doesn't HOB. Where should I feed/dump from as far as the sump. Info is all around the place. Skimmer will be on bottom of aquarium stand and coming/going from sump. 3 chambers i.e. intake, small refugium, return. TIA.

20210328_160246.jpg20210328_160239.jpg

125X4 Tank +125X3SK =875, what size is your main pump? external? One external pump and a tee and two ball valves. Wave makers also count for circulation. I have a ball valve off the main which makes a three ball tee manifold

can you slide the sump over and locate the skimmer and return bulkhead fitting at the filter sock chamber? internal pumps tend to heat things up. you have 6ft? there should be roon to locate the main return bulk head fitting and with external pump in the that space by the glove.

distracted....

can you slide the sump over to locate the skimmer and outflow bulkhead fitting before filter sock chamber? do you have 6ft? Fairly sure you can't go over the top of the sump because you can't raise the skimmer in the space. internal pumps tend to heat things up. there may be room to locate the main return bulk head fitting with external pump in the remaining space space by the glove. Install two bulkhead fittings at both ends. skimmer on the left , external pump on the right. three way manifold with gate valves fed with a ball valve off the main pump. most sumps have an external ball valve on the return bulk head fittings for external pump maintenance. you can place a valve inside the sump or provision a screw in plug if there is not enough space. this would apply to the skimmer out flow also.

Back