RO shut off valve

oz

Market
Reaction score
Any local sources for RO shut off valves on a Sunday? Looks like mine has crapped out (waste water doesn't stop even after new filters and membranes installed. Or it's not hooked up right. :) )

Atlanta Aquarium and The Fish Store so not have any in stock at this time.

Mine still comes out too! Feels so wasteful but it has always been like that ;0(

If the water pressure isn't high enough it won't shut off or if the float valve is leaking.

I assume if it just runs and runs it is drastically decreasing filter life.

I'm getting 50psi+ without the booster so it has to be a bad shut off valve or maybe bad check valve. (Float valve seem good)

I actually had to get one of BRS' "pressure droppers" due to mine being real high. I have it set at 60-70 I think atm

* not meaning to clog up Oz's thread... just adding info if it helps lol!

Chris,
Can you turn off the water to the RO until you get a replacement? Here is a source you can get one locally, on Monday, in Marietta. Call them up with the part number, pay over the phone, and you can usually pick up within an hour.

a>

I found a spare aqua fx ASOV and replumbed the entire RO this morning. Back in business.

I plan on installing a solenoid instead shortly to avoid this moving forward. Scary I haven't had this running right in years.

Oz;958338 wrote: I found a spare aqua fx ASOV and replumbed the entire RO this morning. Back in business.

I plan on installing a solenoid instead shortly to avoid this moving forward. Scary I haven't had this running right in years.

If you get a solenoid, make sure to check the duty-cycle rating.

I got one that was rated "intermittent" and it would overheat and lock up (closed) after a few hours.

Even when it was open, I don't think it was fully open - I had feed issues with it reducing water flow to the booster pump.

Back