RO Unit..I need help...BE NICE

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Ok, I picked up an RO unit today...take a look at it and tell me how to hook it up and what I need...

I am going to put it in a closet and drill a hole through to the bathroom...the unit will be higher than the sink. I can screw into the sinks faucet...its a 3rd bathroom so no biggy...

Heres the pics...PLEASE if you know tell me how if your not sure like me than just watch the thread..

thanks

1. White (on left) is where you RO water will come out.
2. White (on right) is your waste water
3. Yellow is your feed line
4. Blue (on right) is disconnected and needs to be reconnected to the valve on the top right where you see a fitting not connected.

I am not 100%, but about 80..I can go home and check tonite.

im good with that so the white on the left goes back into the top canister on the right....why would that had been disconnected Trinh?

****, the more I look at it the more I am confused...Does that square valve turn downward or is it mounted to the side of the DI housing?

If it helps...this came from SAL so if the person who traded it knows feel free to chime in lol

BTW Linda...It was nice seeing you again....ashame LOREN STOLE your sump :)

Barbara;162229 wrote: Russ, please forgive if this advice is too basic, but are there any arrows on any of the equipment? My RO has arrows on most of the compartments, pointing with the flow. It makes it a little easier to hook up. The arrows are just slightly raised and the same color (part of the unit) so it's hard to see them if you're not looking. Check for them.

nope :(

tnyga;162222 wrote: BTW Linda...It was nice seeing you again....ashame LOREN STOLE your sump :)

Nice seeing you, too! And good luck with the RO. You might want to shoot http://atlantareefclub.org/forums/member.php?u=682">Buckeye</a> a PM. Very knowledgeable and helpful guy. Probably a good place to get parts also, if it turns out you need any.

And, no biggie about the sump. The one I replace it with will be even bigger 'n better. (And speaking of a 3rd (mostly unused) bathroom. Almost certain I can baffle and plumb that tub....)

;)

purpleGORILLA;162207 said:
1. White (on left) is where you RO water will come out.
2. White (on right) is your waste water (with the in line restrictor)
3. Yellow is your feed line
4. Blue (on right) is disconnected and needs to be reconnected to the valve on the top right where you see a fitting not connected.

quote]

I agree, This looks/sounds right, Per Photos.

Thier is no DI In the photo? do you have a seperate DI?

tnyga;162208 wrote: im good with that so the white on the left goes back into the top canister on the right....why would that had been disconnected Trinh?

No the left white line should go to your DI. but you have no di in this photo so your left white goes to your water tank.

This looks like a 3 stage RO.
1. sedement
2. Carbon block
3. RO membrane

The blue line just needs to be reconected to the top of the Square valve(auto shut valve)

yellow line = tap water
white line with nothing atatched to it = good RO water
white line with resistor (long 3/4"dia tube) atacthed to it is your waste water.

ty very much trinh and roland...maybe i can coarce (sp) jin in going to home depot tonight :)

I just don't understand why the blue on the right looks like it has been cut at an angle, and have a 90 degree elbow on it. Unless it was going to another filter and they just cut that. That part is what confusing me. </em>

purpleGORILLA;162272 wrote: I just don't understand why the blue on the right looks like it has been cut at an angle, and have a 90 degree elbow on it. Unless it was going to another filter and they just cut that. That part is what confusing me. </em>

<span style="color: black;">Yeah, it even almost looks to short to reach. Maybe that why it became disconnected. </span>
<span style="color: black;"></span>
<span style="color: black;">Did the chiller work out OK?</span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> </span></span>

Roland Jacques;162299 wrote: <span style="color: black;">Yeah, it even almost looks to short to reach. Maybe that why it became disconnected. </span>

<span style="color: black;">Did the chiller work out OK?</span>

It is chilling but I think it needs freon. I checked with mike and he said they use r134 but he hasn't hook his up. Thanks though.

Back