RO unit question

gixxer600

Market
Reaction score
i am looking into buying my first RO unit and i am not sure what to look for. are they worth having your own? Money is a factor as well, i would prefer not to spend over $200 if possible. and help would be greatly appreciated.

They are definitely worth having your own. I crunched the numbers, and mine paid for itself within 8 months.

Many of us have had great results with the units off ebay. You could also purchase one from
a> right at your price range; they have great customer support, and sell only quality units.

thanks for your help wbholwell. Is there a certain brand i should look for?

There are several name brands out there-but I got mine for like $100 off Ebay--it was a Water General 5-stage RODI unit; I've been thorougly pleased with it-I even got an extra set of filters thrown in; it's time to change those now, but I've been running it over a year-making about 50-60 gallons per week or every other week. Compared to buying in a store, if you use any decent amount of water at all, it's worth it to me (plus you don't have to lug buckets in and out of store)

http://www.filterguys.biz">www.filterguys.biz</a>

call them, they make excellent units and will take the time to educate you on how they work, what all you need, and how to get the most out of your unit. The customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced, period.

Look at the Water Saver RODI from The Filter Guys . It can save you hunderds of dollars over the years. http://www.thefilterguys.biz/water_saver_ro_di.htm">http://www.thefilterguys.biz/water_saver_ro_di.htm</a>

The Water Saver RODI use 60% less water and 60 % less Prefilters. it can save you <span style="color: black;">5,400 gallons Over a year, about the same amount of water that goes into a small swiming pool. (if you use 150 gallons a month) </span>
<span style="color: black;"></span>
<span style="color: black;">You can also make a DIY Water Saver. </span>

Here is a little more info.

<span style="color: black;">These numbers are base on Gwinnett county water prices water $3.66/1000 & sewer $4.52/1000</em>.</span>
<span style="color: black;"> The example I used is a average 150- 200 gallon reef tank that uses, 150 gallon a month. 100 gallons evaporation and 50 gallon water change.</span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"></span></span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">1. </span><span style="color: black;"> WS RODI uses 60% less water.</span>
<span style="color: black;">Savings </span>
<span style="color: black;"></span>
<span style="color: black;">$45 if you are on sewer per year </span>
<u><span style="color: black;">$20 if you&#8217;re on septic. </span></u>
<span style="color: black;"> 2. WS RODI passes 60% less water through your pre-filters. </span>
<span style="color: black;">Savings</span><span style="color: black;"></span>
<u><span style="color: black;">$10-$40 per year </span></u>
<span style="color: white;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">3.</span><span style="color: black;"> It makes water 60%-100% faster. Less pre-filter changes</span>
<span style="color: black;">Savings</span>
<u><span style="color: black;">Time = $ ? </span></u>
<span style="color: black;"> </span><span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">4</span><span style="color: black;">. Efficiency (up front cost efficiency)</span>
<span style="color: black;">Two membrane units can make almost 100% more water than single membrane units before having to replace membranes. =$</span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span><span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span><u><span style="color: black;">Annual savings $30.00 - $85.00</span></u>
<u><span style="color: black;"> 5,400 gallon (if you use 150 gallons a month)</span></u>
<u><span style="color: black;"> </span></u>
<span style="color: black;">In Georgia our ROs should last 8-10 years</span>
<span style="color: black;">If your RO membrane last 10 years that&#8217;s $300 -$850 </span>
<span style="color: black;">If you use 300 gallons a month, double those saving&#8230;.</span></em>

Back