Ro water

1percula

Market
Reaction score
I have a 93 gallon that I need to fill. I will certainly have to buy an RO unit, but how can I get the tank filled? I checked with Marinefish and it costs $70 to fill with RO water and $140 for saltwater. Any other options out there that you guys are aware of?

I considered doing the first run with tap and running a ton of phosphate sponge in the sump while it cycles, but some think its a bad idea and others say try it. I running Reef. What do think/suggest?

You can get a Pure Water Club RO/DI unit for around $100. Compared to $140 to fill it with saltwater one time. IMO Get the RO/DI, take a couple days and fill it up, And you still have the RO unit.

Buy your self an RO filter. Air water and ice (who is a sponsor) sells 50 GPD for like $100. Speaking of that I need to order mine.

I just got my new 150gpd unit from Pure Water Club for $95 shipped. Filled an 18 gallon tote in just over 3 hours. That and a bucket of Seachem salt from Tim at Keen Reef will get you filled for <$140, and you'll have a source of water and plenty of salt left for water changes.

We lend out a DI unit that we've made "portable" (it's on a luggage cart). For the initial fill, it's faster than an RO, you don't have to lug jugs etc.

It's not as pure as RO/DI, but it's a lot better than tap water, and it's fast.

That's a free service we offer our clients.

Jenn

Yup buy the RO?DI unit and be patient while it comes it will be worth the wait. Start practicing patience now because in this hobby you need a ton of it.

Same here... I can make you ~40 gal by tomorrow and you can pick it up either in the evenings or Thursday all day as I'm off work.

You'll need containers, of course, but you can't beat the price on the water!

No problem... if you want some, just give me advance warning so I can run some for ya!

There is a joke response here but I'm not sure which direction to take it in so I'm gonna leave it alone :roll:

Back