Rock Anemone ate the anemone crab!

donniea1800

Market
Reaction score
Hey all. I have a rather large rock anemone with a beautiful little porcelin crab. The two have been happy for wel over a month now with the crab coming out onto the middle of the anemone every night to filter for food. Well the other night I see the anemone closed up at lights out with the crab in the middle. When he opened no more crab! He ate his buddy! :mad2: What's up with that? Anybody know what all of a sudden made him eat him after he has been living on him for over a month?:sad: I keep the anemone well fed also.

I betcha it didn't.

Either is found it's death at another result me it's body found it's way to the anemone again or and most likely it shed andthe anemone took advantage of a free meal from it's buddy. The missing crab bow is nothing more than hi. Protecting himself while his new skin/exoskeleton thickens and provides better protection.

I betcha it didn't.

Either it found it's death at another result and it's body found it's way to the anemone or and most likely it shed it alln/shell/exoskeleton and the anemone took advantage of a free meal from it's buddy. The missing crab bow is nothing more than hi. Protecting himself while his new skin/exoskeleton thickens and provides better protection.

DawgFace;954353 wrote: I betcha it didn't.

Either it found it's death at another result and it's body found it's way to the anemone or and most likely it shed it alln/shell/exoskeleton and the anemone took advantage of a free meal from it's buddy. The missing crab bow is nothing more than hi. Protecting himself while his new skin/exoskeleton thickens and provides better protection.

^^^:up:

I hope so, but its been 3 days now and no crab in sight. I saw him coming out to feed and then he was gone after the nem opened. I am hoping I was wrong and the crab shows up. The little guy was really cool.

Broadcast a tiny bit of food into the tank & look around... if the crab doesn't show up within minutes on a ledge somewhere in flow (feeding) it's likely gone.

Back