Rock Flower Anenomes

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
Who has them and lets see some pictures! Just stated to collect and curious who else might have the addiction...

I've got one that's pretty big now, about 5-6" in diameter. I'll grab a pic tonight or tomorrow. I wouldn't mind getting some more

I have a few... they tend to do well in my nano but can wander under ledges and then get "lost". So one is currently absent from the attached pic.

1063070=65383-anemones.jpg
>
class="gc-images" title="anemones.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

BulkRate;1063070 wrote: I have a few... they tend to do well in my nano but can wander under ledges and then get "lost". So one is currently absent from the attached pic.

>
class="gc-images" title="anemones.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Very nice, we have similar taste. I'll try to get a pic up later.

Finally getting the new camera figured out, here are some pictures of my collection.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1065697=65764-IMG_5518.jpg
>
1065697=65764-IMG_5518.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_5518.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1065697=65765-IMG_5528.jpg
>
1065697=65765-IMG_5528.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_5528.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Those are gorgeous... Holy cow, I wouldnt mind taking one off your hands if your collection starts filling up :whistling:

NanoVet;1065701 wrote: Those are gorgeous... Holy cow, I wouldnt mind taking one off your hands if your collection starts filling up :whistling:

Thanks, plan is to weed some out to sell at the Expo in late Feb.

Those are really, really nice. Where did you acquire them - locally, online, expo, other?

Keep me in mind come expo time... I'll likely be looking for one more.

I saw an advert on R2R yesterday that a company is selling a bunch of them right now. Their sale started last night and their pictures looked great. I was debating about ordering some since they look so nice.

dball711;1065703 wrote: Thanks, plan is to weed some out to sell at the Expo in late Feb.
When and where will the expo be? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Genesis;1065763 wrote: Wow had no idea they were so beautiful! Are they able to be fragged?

Great question, I am going to start a new thread on the topic. I have been researching these and found they reproduce asexually, cutting them like can be done with a bubble tip reportedly doesn't work. However I have cut one almost 2 months ago and both halves have healed and appear to be doing fine.

My latest project is to gather a small community and see if I could induce reproduction and raise offspring. Found my first baby today...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1065767=65772-IMG_5547.jpg
>
1065767=65772-IMG_5547.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_5547.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

dball711;1065767 wrote: Great question, I am going to start a new thread on the topic. I have been researching these and found they reproduce asexually, cutting them like can be done with a bubble tip reportedly doesn't work. However I have cut one almost 2 months ago and both halves have healed and appear to be doing fine.

My latest project is to gather a small community and see if I could induce reproduction and raise offspring. Found my first baby today...

Wow that's really neat

dball711;1065767 wrote: Great question, I am going to start a new thread on the topic. I have been researching these and found they reproduce asexually, cutting them like can be done with a bubble tip reportedly doesn't work. However I have cut one almost 2 months ago and both halves have healed and appear to be doing fine.

Oooo, yes please post followups. What do you think about these guys in a pico environment?

Count me in. I have four and one's confirmed to be male. So given a few more months I may have a buncha baby nems popping up as well.

Back