Rock Flower Nem MIA

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Not sure where this anemone wandered off to, I can't seem to find it at all. I've had it in the same spot for almost a year but I'm guessing since I changed my powerhead last week it was POed. I saw it either last night in the same spot but a little mad looking. This afternoon nothing. It's not in my powerhead, the overflow, or sump. Hopefully it will turn up soon.

I've had a nem disappear like that before. He eventually showed back up in a different spot.

Mine has been upset too. He shows up for half a day then leaves and shows up somewhere else the next day. Hope he finds a happy home soon

Now I got a bad feeling about it. I just cleaned my skimmer cup on Sunday and today it was over half full of some really stinky crud. Still keeping an eye out though.

Mine occasionally wander around if flow changes (can never quiiiite put the Koralia back where was prior to cleaning) or if harassed by my anemone shrimp for more than a day or two. Butt half the time they'll wander under a rock and get lost trying to find their way back into the light.

They they'll starve and turn up during a water change blowing around like a loose zoanthid polyp. Been able to bring them back from this twice, but it's annoying enough to wanna bust our the marco rock and come up with a new scape - one without a large central arch.

I hate it when that happens!! How big is it? If you vacume your sandbed, check your water good before dumping!
I bought an expensive small Nem at the expo last year that dissapeared a few days after I put in it the tank. Then I bought a large one from Shack, it's about about 6-8 months old, doing well.
A few months ago I bought the absolute brightest, prettiest rock flower I've ever seen (eBay).
When it arrived I was just in awe but it was very small! It disappeared two days after I had it, never to be seen again!
My quess is that it was in the sand and I vacuumed it up.... An after thought of course!
Or
I crushed it with a rock and killed them! Be careful if you go looking for it!
and/or
Maybe my big Emerald crab is eating them? It's about to go, regardless!

Camellia;1020389 wrote: I hate it when that happens!! How big is it? If you vacume your sandbed, check your water good before dumping!
I bought an expensive small Nem at the expo last year that dissapeared a few days after I put in it the tank. Then I bought a large one from Shack, it's about about 6-8 months old, doing well.
A few months ago I bought the absolute brightest, prettiest rock flower I've ever seen (eBay).
When it arrived I was just in awe but it was very small! It disappeared two days after I had it, never to be seen again!
My quess is that it was in the sand and I vacuumed it up.... An after thought of course!
Or
I crushed it with a rock and killed them! Be careful if you go looking for it!
and/or
Maybe my big Emerald crab is eating them? It's about to go, regardless!

It was pretty big, at least 4" across. Still no sign this morning :

Well good news, it popped back up not too far from where it was. It must have really wedged itself down between some rocks. I guess I'll just reposition the powerhead and see if it likes it a bit better.

HiImSean;1020499 wrote: Well good news, it popped back up not too far from where it was. It must have really wedged itself down between some rocks. I guess I'll just reposition the powerhead and see if it likes it a bit better.

Hooray!!

Back