rock-scaping

rjrgroup

Market
Reaction score
Thought I would share my latest creation. I spent months picking just the right rox. They fit together like legos and I would like to thank Fish Scales for looking out for me.
:D
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
608490=28805-100_0589.jpg
>
608490=28805-100_0589.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_0589.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
608490=28803-100_0602.jpg
>
608490=28803-100_0602.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_0602.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
608490=28804-100_0603.jpg
>
608490=28804-100_0603.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_0603.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

andregarcia_73;611444 wrote: Looking good man, what method did you guys use besides zip ties to secure the rocks? And nice.bamboo shark. How old? Whats he eating?
Epoxy and zip-ties, that's all. I was going to drill and put rods(plastic coat hanger) in but it wasn't necessary.
"Spot" is 8 weeks old, took 3 months to hatch. He started eating right on schedule and tears up some pe mysis and squid. :yay:

peachyreef;611467 wrote: Awesome!! tell me its going to be an sps reef :)
This is the first rock for what will be in a 300+ gal. by the end of the year. Don't laugh but I was actually thinking about completely cover in GSP for a further Bonsai tree effect.

rjrgroup;611487 wrote: This is the first rock for what will be in a 300+ gal. by the end of the year. Don't laugh but I was actually thinking about completely cover in GSP for a further Bonsai tree effect.
Wow that would be really sweet looking.

rjrgroup;611487 wrote: This is the first rock for what will be in a 300+ gal. by the end of the year. Don't laugh but I was actually thinking about completely cover in GSP for a further Bonsai tree effect.

It would be great, but have a plan of action when the gsp tries to take over the rest of your tank :confused2:

spiderman097;611528 wrote: It would be great, but have a plan of action when the gsp tries to take over the rest of your tank :confused2:

This!!! GSP grows so fast and spreads everywhere...I had some that was plating off of itself to stretch out to other rocks that were a few inches away... :eek:

spiderman097;611528 wrote: It would be great, but have a plan of action when the gsp tries to take over the rest of your tank :confused2:

ICEMAN832;611547 wrote: This!!! GSP grows so fast and spreads everywhere...I had some that was plating off of itself to stretch out to other rocks that were a few inches away... :eek:
That's the plan...(I think) several large rock sculptures covered in GSP. It's going to be a shark/ large tang tank. Maybe put in the occasional LPS on the sand bed. I only plan on having 100 or so lbs in the display. I have a reef tank and soon I'll have a bada$$ large fish tank.:D
Unless some one has any low-maintenance suggestions to fill a big tank with that's less expensive than a reef.

I saw one bonsai tank that had a bare bottom. then they used gsp to cover the bottom. they cut it off from the structure using acans or zoas. It looked pretty sweet.

I planted GSP for hair on a Barack Obama Chia-pet in my reef. He is the Commander in Reef......I have to trim it off his face constantly.

peachyreef;611679 wrote: I saw one bonsai tank that had a bare bottom. then they used gsp to cover the bottom. they cut it off from the structure using acans or zoas. It looked pretty sweet.

Now that would be sweet to see....GSP grass lol....and watch the clean up crew "mowing" through it...haha.

Shadow6;611695 wrote: I planted GSP for hair on a Barack Obama Chia-pet in my reef. He is the Commander in Reef......I have to trim it off his face constantly.

I must see a picture lol

Back