RODI and an Aquatec Booster Pump ?

crewdawg1981

Market
Reaction score
Okay, so I FINALLY hooked up the booster pump I bought from Trinh in September of 2010. Works GREAT!

Problem is... now my RODI is leaking...

What PSI does everyone run theirs at? I have that 150 GPD RODI add on kit from BRS, and they indicated that the first membrane needs a minimum of 65 PSI to work efficiently. So, I turned the pump down to ~65 and the first day... no problems. The next time I go to turn it on (last night), I get a little bit of a brief leak from the 3/8" feed to the pump. Its not a big deal, I push the connections a bit and then pull on the tubing a bit to seat the JG fittings and the leak is gone.

However, a few minutes later i notice a few drops coming from the 5 micron carbon filter ... I have four plus the membranes (sediment, 5 micron, 1 micron and DI). Now, the leak isnt terrible, but... c'mon. I tried to tighten it with the wrench, but it didnt get any better... or worse for that matter. AND it only happens when the PSI is up as high as it is. If I turn the pump off and the PSI drops to 40... no problems.

Thoughts?!

There may be a o ring that needs replacing iif its a older unit the thing with pressure is it is always looking for the weakest link

Grant,
You should have the Booster pump set to 84 PSI. That rate is fine per Bulk Reef Supply. Any fittings that leak should be retaped with Teflon tape if they are screw in, or in the case of a screw it of membrane housing with o-ring like your pre-filter, go to Ace Hardware in Dunwoody and buy a small white container of their 90% silicone lube ($4) and lube the o-rings of your prefilter housing and reseal. That should do the trick.

Thanks guys!

Dave... will do. I need to run up there for some cracked corn to throw on the lawn anyways. 84 psi?! Saweeet... this unit should start producing crazy fast at that pressure.

After flooding the basement last year... i get nervous about this type of stuff though :p hahaha

Back